Dental assistant cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a dental assistant, or download the dental assistant cover letter template in Word.
Your cover letter is your job-search assistant, and it needs to deliver service with a smile. To be considered for top dental assistant jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for the health of your patients. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a dental assistant, or download the dental assistant cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about health care careers and look for dental assistant jobs on Monster.
Dental assistant cover letter template
Ryan Childs, CDA
Sometown, MS 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
Certified Dental Assistant | Mississippi Radiology Permit
Delivering compassionate care | Ensuring patient comfort | Preparing for exams and treatment
August 10, 2017
Olivia Fullerton, DDS
55 South Pkwy
Sometown, MS 55555
Dear Dr. Fullerton:
As a certified dental assistant (CDA) with five years of experience, I was very interested to read your advertisement for a dental assistant on Monster. I would welcome the chance to join your team.
Since earning my dental assisting diploma from ABC University and CDA from the DANB, I have worked as a dental assistant within a high-volume dental practice employing eight dentists and 12 dental assistants.
Throughout my tenure, I received top marks for my clinical, communication and patient-care skills, as well as strengths in providing chairside assistance to dentists during complex extractions, implants and endodontic treatments. I am known for my friendly, reassuring demeanor and gentle touch during scaling, cleaning, polishing, taking impressions, applying sealant and many other procedures.
My dental assisting experience also includes assisting with fillings and biopsies; educating patients on oral hygiene, post-operative care and dental health best-practices; exposing and processing dental x-rays; removing sutures; fabricating crowns; pouring impressions; trimming models; and using Dentrix software.
In addition, I was recently recognized as the most efficient CDA in the practice based on patient volume¾15% higher than the CDA average.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss how I can deliver quality dental care to your patients. Please call me at (555) 555-5555 to arrange a meeting.
Ryan Childs, CDA
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Welcome to YourCDA - the Online CDA Application
Apply for your initial and renewal CDA with theYourCDA online applications system. Before you create an online account, you must have completed all requirements for the initial or renewal process.
INITIAL CDA CANDIDATES:
What you need to know BEFORE you apply online:
- Purchase CDA Competency Standards Book
- How to Apply Online for an Initial CDA
To create an Initial CDA online account, you will need:
1. a valid email address
2. your Director's email address
3. your PD Specialist's ID number
RENEWAL CDA CANDIDATES*:
What you need to know BEFORE you renew online:
- Download and Read the CDA Renewal Procedures Guide for
> Preschool, Infant & Toddler and Family Child Care
> Home Visitor
- How to Apply Online for a CDA Renewal
- How to Upload Documents to the YourCDA Online Application
To create a CDA Renewal online account, you will need:
1. a valid email address
2. your ECE Reviewer's valid email address
*Each time you renew, you will need to create a new online account.
WEBINARS AND TUTORIALS:
- You can only check your application status online if you are applying online.
- You can submit the application anytime.
- You can always save your work and continue later.
Why Apply Online?
- Check your status anytime (only if you are applying online)
- Receive and submit your Director or ECE Reviewer recommendation letter electronically
- Pay the online fee electronically (you can pay via credit card, check, money order, or agency scholarship)
- Communicate quickly with the Council
- Get automatic updates as to where you are in the process
- Solutions to Common Problems
- You need to disable the pop-up blocker in your internet browser for the YourCDA registration process
- Please add yourcda @ yourcda.org to your email contacts to ensure CDA notifications arrive in your inbox