In the box below, you will find examples of references and in-text citations for each source. Select the type of course material you are citing using the tabs.
In-text citation examples shown are for paraphrases and summaries (Author-Date pattern). When citing a direct quote, you will also need to include either a page number or paragraph number (Author-Date-# pattern). Visit the In-Text Citations tab to the left for more information!
- In-text citations are located within the text of your paper and references are located in the references page at the end of your paper.
- References use a hanging indent. Click here for more information!
- References are double spaced.
If your course material has more than one author, click here.
If your course material is missing an author, date, or title, click here.
Rasmussen students can connect with a tutor via our Tutoring Service.
The Tutoring Service offers three main areas of support: Live Help, Tutor Match, and the Writing Lab. In addition to these three main areas of support, Academic Tools and Collaboration Tools are also offered.
Main Support Areas:
Live Help (click here to learn more!)
- Professional tutors are available to help in a variety of subjects under the following topics:
- Computer Skills
- General Education
- Health Sciences
- Writing / Research
Tutor Match (click here to learn more!)
- Tutor Match is your connection to all Rasmussen student tutors
- Appointments can be scheduled online, over the phone, or on a campus (where available)
- Click above to learn more!
Writing Lab (click here to learn more!)
- Receive feedback on written assignments within 24 hours.
- Test preparation tests in a wide variety of areas (such as NCLEX)
- Career preparation help (need assistance with interviewing or your resumes?)
- Computer software help (need help using Power Point?)
- Use flash bulb to create, share, and use study aids like Flash Cards.
Note: A shortened link for this answer is http://tinyurl.com/ras-tutoring