Is Tess in ‘Tess of the d'Urbervilles' portrayed as being responsible for her own demise? [pdf 40 KB]
Yours is a beautifully clear essay. You write very well, and your prose is delightful to read. You've also done your research and it shows. There is a remarkable lack of vagary about society or feminism in your piece, and you've picked canny quotes from your secondary sources that elucidate and situate your arguments.
You've also located some wonderfully specific quotations from your primary source to support your argument that Hardy's narrator sympathises with Tess. Some of your close readings are wonderfully astute, as when you point out that Tess implores Angel, rather than commanding him. Slightly less persuasive is your assertion that Tess is the victim of Alec's eyes; I suspect you might have found better quotations, descriptions, or incidents denouncing Alec's gaze.
You are clearly very good at pursuing and proving an argument. I encourage you to be a bit more experimental in your next essay; perhaps choose a less straightforward topic and see where it takes you.
Please see penciled notes throughout on shortening sentences and watching for comma splices (please look this term up in a style manual if it is unfamiliar).
Tinder bios ideas are an art form in the world of online dating. Making a good first impression is important, so it’s all about having a bomb profile. We’ve collated some of the funniest and naughtiest bios to give you some inspiration.
The Funniest and Naughtiest Tinder Bios Ideas:
For girls ♀:
- I’ve got fake tits and a fake personality. But who’s caring, because let’s be honest, you’re gonna swipe right coz I’m fit.
- Great ti.. Personality.
- Threesome? No thanks…if I wanted to disappoint two people in the same room, I’d have dinner with my parents.
- Professional Eugoogoolizer at the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.
- I’m on here because I’m trying to date your dad.
- I’m all of like two feet tall. Hope you like sarcasm and being insulted. If you’re wondering why I’m so funny, it’s because I used to be fat.
- I have a pretty great rack
- If you can’t handle me at my worst, then leave because I don’t have a best. I’m always awful.
- Don’t judge me on my age. I just want a guy to buy me flowers, send me a million cute texts and call me mine, I’ll make you food so wife me up.
- I’m sure I’ll find my soulmate in the questionable and seedy world of online dating.
- Spitters are quitters
- Let’s have a who’s better in bed contest. I’m hoping to be a sore loser.
- Literally just want a shag, why else would I have tinder and my first picture be me in a bikini
- My superpower is that I don’t have a gag reflex. At first when people found out they called me a freak, now they just call me, all the time.
- Carefully written, fact-checked essay in the streets, unmoderated comments section in the sheets.
- I’m just going to answer the question for you: yes they are real.
- Your parents will love me, but your neighbors won’t.
- I have no emotional attachment to sex.
- Aspiring MILF.
- I’m the good thing small packages come in.
For guys ♂:
- If you can eat more McDonald’s cheeseburgers than me then you’re getting lucky tonight!
- If you like protein shakes, and getting caught at the gym, if you’re not into crossfit, if you have half a brain, if you like making gains at midnight, while curling in the squat rack, I’m the love that you’ve looked for, message me and be swole m8
- Unemployed and mentally handicapped, but otherwise a real catch
- You know what you call guys under 6ft tall? Friends.
- I’m probably tindering on the toilet.
- Real ex girlfriends give me four star rating!
- I like to take long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I’m just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy’s parking lot.
- I have spent most of my life travelling around the world working and rock climbing. Of course who could forget the time I saved those orphans from that asteroid whilst doing humanitarian work in all of the war zones….yes, all of them.
- Failed billionaire, amazing conversationist, bad speller.
- Dont message me if you’re looking for a hookup! That being said, I’m just looking for a rich girl to support my expensive drug habit.
- I’m not even a dog person *has dog in picture*
- Just think about how much fun we’ll have if I spend half as much time planning our date as I did on this stupid bio.
- Would you rather eat pizza for every meal for the rest of your life or never eat pizza again? (Hint: There is only one correct answer).
- Let’s be nothing because nothing lasts forever.
- Ey girl, are you a flappy bird? Because I wanna tap you all night long!
- Jedi in the streets, sith in the sheets.
- I’m unlike any man you have ever met. Dominant, confident, competent, intelligent and kinky.
- You gotta marry someone you know you’d still be down to have a quickie with in the laundry room while the kids are downstairs watching Lion King & ten minutes left till the dinosaur nuggets are read to come out the oven.
- Our relationship should be like Nintendo 64–classic, fun to spend hours with, and every issue easily fixed by blowing on it then shoving it back in.